Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Doggie Poo

Yesterday we all decided to go for a ride. Jake, my youngest son, has his permit and is "learning" to drive. Learning as in Im teaching him! Ugh! Eeek! Ohhh noooo! (More gray hairs popping through) He actually did, pretty good for his first time out. We stayed to the back, back roads. Well we took Miss Addie Mae with us. Thats when we all discovered she needed a bath! Stinky dog in the back seat makes for quick trip!
 I came across a couple of recipes for dog shampoo. I made a few tweeks and came up with this one. It worked wonderfully! And, she smells nice. Her hair is shiny too.
 Hmmm. Maybe Ill try this poo on me too!
Doggie Poo
1 cup  Castille Soap. I used Dr. Bonners.  Peppermint and have used Lavender
2 cups water
2 tsp Sunflower Oil or other light oils like Jojoba, Avocado, Almond etc...
2 tsp white Vinegar.

Place all ingredients into a squirt bottle. So easy to use, just give a squirt! Give it a good shake. Wet dog, apply Poo, lather and rinse. Theres plenty for about two more baths. Its very sudsy  but then the suds die down. Dont let it fool ya, its still doing its job!


Can you see her shinyness here? Thats what I was  trying to capture. Notice she is giving me the cold shoulder. After all, it was I who gave her the dreaded bath!

1 comment:

Annnightflyer said...

Hey where do you purchase these oils?I looked at some coconut oil and almost fell out with the price.