Saturday, September 22, 2012

Coffee Creamer and Flavored Syrup Recipes

I follow other blogs, we connect on Facebook. The other day I was chatting with Living Large in a Small House and she was going to make Spiced Coffee Creamer. I thought...what a great idea! She still had to go to the store to get the ingredients, Im excited to see her recipe. I couldnt wait so I tried this.
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Coffee Creamer
1 cup powdered coffee creamer
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/8 cup brown sugar
Mix well and store in an air tight container
 Then I tried this recipe, I was on a roll.... And I hadnt even had my first cup of coffee!

Apple Pie Spiced Coffee Creamer
1 cup powdered  coffee creamer
2 tsp Apple Pie Spice
1/8 cup vanilla sugar
Mix well, store in an air tight container

Vanilla Sugar

I used 2 cups white sugar and about 4 sprigs more added to my already sprigs of Vanilla Bean in an air tight container. When it gets low add more sugar. Save the beans, they can still be used in other recipes. Or, like I do, keep adding them to the mix. Thank You Cathy for this recipe ;)





I also really like Hazelnut Syrup but have not been able to find it in my local stores. Except for the sugar free kinds. I can not do artificial sugars, one...I hate them. Two, they give me a fantastic stomach ache :(
So...I made my own. Nah! Nah!
Hazelnut Syrup
Extra Light Simpy Syrup Recipe from Ball Canning Blue Book
1 1/4 cups sugar
5 1/2 cups water
Makes 6 cups
Bring to a boil, be careful! One batch of Extra Light Simple Syrup was plenty to make both flavored syrups.
Let cool then add Hazelnut Extract, I used about 1/2 tsp. Gave it a taste, if you want more flavor, add more. Be careful this is an extract, a wee bit goes a loooooong ways.
for Almond, in place of the Hazelnut use Almond  Extract or any other flavoring you might enjoy
After this has cooled add to a squirt bottle, or good ole Ball with a lid, and keep in fridge.
I am not a sweet fan, if these recipes need more sugar and or spice feel free to add to suit you. So far, Joel Dear has tried and likes the Pumpkin Pie Spice the best. I hope these recipes make your morning cup of coffee all that more enjoyable. Its fall here in MI and I couldnt be happier. Happy Fall and Good Morning!





1 comment:

Kristi said...

*swoon* Making these.

Hey---I made my own vanilla a while back and still have the vanilla beans in the vodka (extract)--do you think I could put those in some sugar and it will turn out ok?

Sharing this on my FB page! :D